Call us now on 01243 871664 for more information.
Please note fares are cruise only (unless states flights included) per guest and are based on double occupancy. Please call for flight inclusive packages. Fares shown in GBP and are subject to change based on availability.
Lyon to Marseille
***Travel by Eurostar***
It is no surprise that the South of France is recognised as the birthplace of photography, its unrivalled beauty comprises the finest examples of French 15th century architecture, with Roman
ruins and sun-soaked vineyards nestled at the foot of colossal mountain ranges. Journey to the country’s gastronomic heartbeat, Lyon, before enjoying an authentic Provencal dinner onboard, hosted by renowned French chef, Fabien Morreale.
Day 1: London to Lyon Your holiday begins with a transfer from your home to join the Eurostar from London St Pancras, to travel to Lyon. You arrive in the capital city of France’s Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes region, at the junction of the Rhone and Saone rivers. You will be met and transferred to your ship and welcomed by your captain and crew. (Dinner)
Day 2: Chalon-Sur-Saone to Beaune Chalon-Sur- Saone is best-known as the birthplace of photography and the centre of Burgundy’s wine region. Travel by road to the quaint village of Beaune, marvel at the multicoloured roofs of this former hospital, now a museum, which has
become one of the symbols of Burgundy. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Day 3: Lyon Lyon is France’s third-largest city, a former Roman capital, steeped in history and considered the gastronomic heartbeat of France. Today enjoy a guided tour of Lyon including a drive to the Basilique Notre Dame de Fourviere or alternatively enjoy a guided bike tour of Lyon. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Day 4: Tournon Join your local guide for a walking tour of Tournon, which is dominated by the 16th century castle and Roman ruins. The area has a long tradition in wine making, including the renowned wine growing centre of T’ain l’Hermitage across the river. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Day 5: Viviers Arrive in Viviers, a town which still has a lot of middle-age ?are. It is also the home of one of France’s oldest cathedrals. Join an included city tour exploring all the architectural heritage of this quaint town. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Day 6: Avignon Avignon has a rich history, from Celtic beginnings to being the residence of the Pope and, later, central to the French Revolution. Your guided walk with a local guide takes you through this historic center with its cobbled laneways and shops, overlooking the famous ‘Pont d’Avignon’ The rest of the day is at leisure. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Day 7: Arles Sail into the Camargue wilderness region to the capital of Provence, Arles. Here you will join your local guide for a walking tour showcasing the highlights of the city. The rest of the day is free to explore or head back to the ship and relax on board.
(Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Day 8: Arles to Marseilles to London This morning we bid farewell to our ship and head to join our Eurostar train to take us back to London. On arrival at St Pancras you will be transferred back to your home.
Exceptional EmeraldVALUE It’s all included in the price
• Return Eurostar travel from London
• FREE return transfers (from your home address to the airport)
• 7 Nights in a suite or stateroom of yourchoice, all with river view
• 20 Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7dinners including a Welcome and Farewell Reception & Dinner
• Complimentary wine, beer & soft drinks to accompany lunch & dinner on-board
• Complimentary tea & coffee on-board
• Complimentary bottled water in your suite or stateroom, restocked daily
• 6 Shore excursions, including visits to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites
• 3 EmeraldPLUS activities including a Provencale dinner with Fabien Morreale
• 5 EmeraldACTIVE activities
• A variety of on-board evening entertainment
• Complimentary Wi-Fi on board
• Complimentary on-board bicycles
• First-class service from English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
• All port charges, airport taxes and overseas transfers
• All tips included, saving you up to £235 per couple
• ABTA and ATOL protected