Hurtigruten offer unforgettable voyages from pole to pole, on intimate ships that bring you closer to the communities and environments you visit.
With 125 years’ experience, Hurtigruten are the market leader in exploration travel and offer unique nature-based adventures to the far ends of the planet. With new ships and new destinations, they have something for everyone and their experienced and dedicated on-board expedition teams are on hand to make their trips truly remarkable.
From the magnificent Norwegian fjords to the ice-filled bays of Antarctica, Hurtigruten takes you beyond the realms of conventional cruises by offering voyages that allow travellers to immerse themselves in a vast range of nature, cultures and wildlife, whilst travelling through breath-taking natural environments. The voyages are very much destination focused with little in the way of on board entertainment, apart from educational lectures lead by the on-board expedition teams.
- Daily departures from Bergen calling at 34 charming ports
- Relaxed and informal atmosphere on board
- Expedition Teams
- Refurbished ships, plus specialist ships for children and 1960s sailings
- Norway's Coastal Kitchen using the freshest, locally-sourced ingredients
- Wide range of up to 90 seasonal excursions, with different activity levels
- Direct flights from a choice of 9 UK airports for Northern Lights departures Oct - Mar
- Hurtigruten's unique Northern Lights Promise for 12-day departures Oct - Mar
- Pristine and remote polar destinations in the Arctic and Antarctica
- Warm water destinations including South America and the Caribbean
- Highly-experienced Expedition Teams on board
- Landings and activities onboard and ashore
- Two new hybrid ships, MS Roald Amundsen and MS Fridtjof Nansen
- Free wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Onboard lecture programme covering a range of scientific and cultural topics
- Rare wildlife sightings in their natural habitat including whales, penguins and polar bears
- All drinks included with meals for the 2020/21 season
Here at Hurtigruten, we put great effort into enhancing our environmental initiatives and running a responsible, sustainable operation. For love of the Norwegian coast and horizons across the planet, we...
- Have removed single-use plastic, such as straws and plastic cups, from all our ships; becoming the first cruise line to do so
- Have banned the use of polluting and toxic Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO) on our ships and are campaigning for a full international ban
- Have invested in cutting-edge hybrid ships that run on clean battery power and liquefied natural gas
- Are preparing out ships to use shore-based electrical power at several points along the Norwegian coast
- Organise voluntary beach clean-ups for guests and staff, including Young Explorers aged 7 - 13 years
- Have installed new propellers on our ships to reduce emissions of CO2 by 2,300 tonnes a year